3M DI-NOC™ Architectural Film Coverings Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is 3M DI-NOC?
A: 3M DI-NOC Architectural Finishes are printed and embossed vinyl or polyolefin material that has a pressure-sensitive adhesive backing. It is used for interior design purposes and can go over a variety of substrates such as drywall, metal, and laminate. There are over 700 patterns to choose from that will give the authentic look of more expensive materials such as wood, leather, marble, metal, etc.
Q: What does DI-NOC mean?
A: DI-NOC is an abbreviation for the origin “DIURNO NOCTURN” which means : It’s beautiful all day and night.
Q: Why should I use 3M DI-NOC?
A: There are several advantages to using 3M DI-NOC Architectural Film Finishes:
- COST: 3M DI-NOC is very cost effective when compared to traditional materials. Business owners are also able to take advantage of the reduced downtime and less disruption of business operations.
- Versatility: Desire Marble crown molding but don’t have the budget? Want to renovate your elevator interiors but can’t afford to pay $20,000 per elevator cab? Elephant Head can solve your problems and give you the desires of your heart with 3M DI-NOC. The opportunities are endless! Walls, reception desks, elevators, ceilings, doors, columns, and window soffits are just a few of the many applications that 3M DI-NOC is perfect for.
- Safety: DI-NOC is non-hazardous and has achieved the National Fire Protection Association Class “A” level as defined in NFPA 101 “Life Safety Code” Test Method ASTM E84 for building indoor wall/ceiling application in the US.
- Credits: Di-NOC qualifies for LEED credit ( Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
- Clean and Easy: DI-NOC installation is very clean and free of contaminates that could harm people or the environment. We install over your existing existing fixtures thus eliminating the need for demolition or expensive disposal costs.
- More Options: With over 700 patterns to choose from, you’ll be sure to find what you need in our DI-NOC selection. Oh, and don’t forget to ask to see our 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl!
Q: How long has 3M DI-NOC been around?
A: 3M has been manufacturing DI-NOC for over 50 years dating back to the days of the “old school” station wagon with the wood grain on the sides. Yes you guessed it! That was 3M DI-NOC. It primarily has been used in Asian markets in past years due to the limited resources and raw materials in Asia. Now 3M DI-NOC is becoming very popular cross continental and is now know as one of the most valuable, economical, versatile interior design solutions on the market.
Q: How reliable is 3M DI-NOC?
A: DI-NOC is very abrasive resistant due to it’s laminated coating. While not indestructible, if properly prepped and installed, 3M DI-NOC will stay on for as long as you enjoy looking at it’s beauty. The great thing about using DI-NOC is that repairs to panels can be easily done without anyone noticing any difference. Compare the cost of replacing an entire door because of a gouge or replacing a small patch of DI-NOC. There’s no comparison! DI-NOC wins hands down and saves tons of money.
Q: Why should I use a 3M Endorsed Certified Architectural Film Installer to apply the product?
A: DI-NOC is a wonderful product in itself but if not accompanied by a 3M Endorsed Certified Installer, the entire experience could be a disaster. Elephant Head understands the importance of being certified. We had experienced graphic installers on staff prior to our certification, but that could not replace the expertise that is required when dealing with Architectural Finishes. You should never consider allowing anyone install the product who is not 3M Certified. Would you allow a Dentist to perform nose surgery on you? Well that’s the same thing as allowing a painter, wallpaper company, graphic installer, or handyman install 3M DI-NOC. 3M certifies and endorses companies for a reason and that is to protect the integrity of the product by giving customers an experience that exudes professionalism and excellence.
Q: Where can I find a 3M Endorsed Certified Architectural Film Installer to install the 3M DI-NOC?
A: You found them! Elephant Head Graphics has 3M Endorsed Certified Installers who will make your interior design projects come to life. We take pride in our work, customer service, and results. You will not be unsatisfied with the attention to detail that we give on every project. It’s the little things that count and we understand that. We are the 3M Endorsed Certified Installers that will get the job done for you!
Q: Will Elephant Head travel to my city or state for 3M DI-NOC installation?
A: Absolutely! We travel all over the country for 3M DI-NOC installations. Michigan, Ohio, Chicago, Illinois, Indiana, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Kentucky, Toledo, and Dayton are all short drives away. Tennessee, North Carolina, New York, Dallas, Texas, Houston, San Diego, Los Angeles, California, and Hawaii are just short plane trips away. Every other city and state in between are within our range as well. We also have trained affiliate 3M certified DI-NOC installers in several states across the country.
Q: How durable is 3M DI-NOC?
A: 3M DI-NOC is very durable and will withstand extreme weather temperatures from hot to cold. The protective laminated coating allows for it to be cleaned and wiped down without risk of absorption or damage. The material is 8mil thick is not easily damaged, torn, or pulled up.
Q: Where can I use 3M DI-NOC?
A: There are many places to use 3M DI-NOC to renovate your space of choice. Here are just a few:
- Elevator Cabs
- Bathroom Partitions
- Wall Panels
- Elevator Lobbies
- Reception Desks
Q: What is 3M Fasara™ Glass Finishes?
A: 3M Fasara Films give you the advantage of of etched, textured, and sandblasted looking glass but without the burden of the price. Use anywhere that you would want an architectural look or privacy on glass.
Q: What is 3M DI-NOC™ Whiteboard Film?
A: DI-NOC Whiteboard Film can be applied to walls, columns, tabletops, and any other surfaces while giving you the ability to write on it in the same manner as a dry erase boards. Presentations, Goal boards, and to-do lists can easily be accompplished with 3M DI-NOC Whiteboard material. It is a much more economical solution than traditional whiteboard paint. And much cleaner too! Better price, Better solution, Better choice!